In Memory

Dennis Mortensen

Dennis Mortensen

Dennis LaDell Mortensen

1951 ~ 2009

After a long and valiant fight against cancer during which he never complained, Dennis LaDell Mortensen passed away June 3, 2009, in Houston, Texas, at the age of 58. He was surrounded by his loving family.

Dennis is survived by his wife Pamela Kay, daughters Denise Irene (Eagle Lake, TX), Jayme Kathryn (San Antonio, TX),and Dera Renae (Mankato, MN), sons Scott LaDell (Tucson, AZ) and Bryan Gerald (Mankato, MN), and grandson Isaiah Michael (Mankato, MN), sisters Shirene Stringer (Mona, UT), and Carla Rae Hancock (San Diego, CA), brothers Glen (Eagle Lake, TX) and Kevin Mortensen (Orem, UT).

Dennis was born May 26, 1951, in Payson, Utah, to Dell LeRoy Mortensen and Mary Irene Jones Mortensen. He grew up in Springville, Utah, and graduated from Springville High School. He married Julie Gustafson in 1981. They had four children and were later divorced. Dennis later married Pamela Kay on May 21, 1997 in Ft. Worth, Texas.

He worked for A&K Railroad Materials for 35 years traveling throughout the United States and then ran the yard in Eagle Lake, Texas, until the time of his death.

Dennis loved to fish and hunt and loved the mountains. His work took him all over the United States however he loved the west, especially Montana.

Dennis was a good father and was involved in his children's lives until the end.

Dennis and Pam loved spending time together and were very happy.

go to bottom 
  Post Comment

07/04/09 07:47 PM #1    

Kenneth Strong

I attended his funeral and learned much about Dennis. I did not really know Dennis as a friend but I learned so much about him at the funeral. Dennis had made many friends around the country and was very much looked up to by the company that he worked for. He was well respected in the business that he was in.

11/24/09 09:16 PM #2    

Mart E. (Gardner)

I just joined up and read about Dennis passing. I would like to tell of my time with him. Jr. High was east of our homes and mine home was west of Dennis’. Each day I would walk past Dennis’ home. At some point Dennis started picking on me like a bit of a bully. One time I ask him why, Dennis replied “I don’t know, it’s just fun” to that I replied something like let’s just play a game or something. He replied OK.
The next thing I knew I was learning to play chess and from that time on I had to stop by his home and play one game of chess each day. After a few years I got close to winning but at last, I never did.
This led to overnights visits, and many years of his friendship until 69 when we went our own ways.

go to top 
  Post Comment